Watch as Marc Andreessen talks education. He gives some clear answers on what you should think about when deciding where to go to school and what to study.
There is a lot of time, money, and resources involved in getting an education. We recommend you do the research and find the best fit for what you would like to learn.
It is helpful to consider a few things:
- What are you interested in learning?
- Where are the best places to learn what you are interested in?
- Have you spoken to someone that has done what you want to do?
- Did you consider an internship to see if your chosen path is a fit?
- Have you considered an alternative way to reach the same goal?
- Do you have the time and money to start a program right now?
- Are you doing this for you or your parents, peers, or siblings?
- Did you look at the economics of your field? The starting salary?
There are many stories on the student debt crisis which should make you question the value of some education paths. After watching the video “Marc Andreessen talks education,” do you have more questions? Remember that questions will get you the answers that help you make informed choices.